Planning on adding a few new trees to your garden this year? Trees provide beauty, a habitat for wildlife and can reduce your energy bills by providing cover to your home, but like a child, they need to be cared for in their early years in order for them to grow into tall, strong adult trees.
Saving your vegetable and flower seeds after your harvest is a rewarding and wallet-friendly practice, and necessary for heirlooms to live on. For all of your efforts, however, there are many things to watch out for when harvesting seeds:
It’s October and pumpkins are ready to be harvested for their use as jack-O-lanterns and pies. But before you can enjoy the fruits of your labor, you should do some fall cleaning of your pumpkin patch, to ensure just as rich and colorful pumpkins for next fall.
That's Pure Liquid Sunshine. Here at Grower's Secret we are preparing for the Indoor Garndeing Expo in Long Beach, Ca. We will be hanging out with our pals at HydroFarm in Booths #235, 237 and 239. The Expo is open to retailers on Saturday 10/22 and the general public on Sunday 10/23.
Get the organic fish fertilizer your soil needs NOW!
It's been an action-packed year so far with lots of momentum building after our offical launch at the National Hardware Show in May.
Grower's Secret has arrived at the National Hardware Show in Las Vegas. We are here to share with you our all organic fetilizer. You will not want to miss seeing us so stop by and say hello to the Team!!! We are at Booth 8261 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
It’s our first order of our new Nature's Balance 231 WSDA (Washington State Department of Agriculture) registered organic fertilizer.
What is it? Nature’s Balance 2-3-1 Organic is a liquid fish hydrolysate fertilizer concentrate made from fresh fish by-products resulting in a product that is mild in odor.
The use of low temperature enzymatic hydrolysis in the production process enables the natural proteins, nutrients, hormones, and vitamins present in the fish to stay in their original form. This makes the product readily available to the microbial and fungal life in the soil and for absorption and use by plants. Other processing techniques used to produce fish emulsions and fish meal powders cause these beneficial ingredients to be denatured through exposure to high heat, stripping them of valuable protein and oil content.
What are the benefits?
- Provides over 60 trace elements that all plants need for optimum performance
- Provides a longer lasting time release effect due to its inherent oil content and complex proteins, amino acids and essential fatty acids (Omega 3’s), unlike fish emulsions that are produced using steam.
- Enhances biological activity in the soil by providing soil microbes and fungi with the natural organic nutrients, proteins, minerals and oils which they need to thrive.
- As it contains a soil conditioner, Nature’s Balance 2-3-1 Organic restores the proper soil environment which accelerates the natural composting process of after harvest residues, cuttings and other tied up organic and inorganic matter in the soil.
- Nature's Balance 231 Organic Liquid Fertilizer is National Organic Program (USDA) compliant and is registered for use in organic products in accordance with the Washington State Department of Agriculture Organic Program.
- We currently have clients certified by CCOF using this product.
Watch for it...it’s not on the website now, but it will be soon!